We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Consolidating pensions

13»

Comments

  • Bandy2023
    Bandy2023 Posts: 122 Forumite
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

    All I can see is a balance

    That's literally it, no option to do anything further.

  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 5 September at 8:05AM

    I went into the survey (no personal information is required) and just answered that I don't use apps I prefer desktop access to Scottish Widows (iweb). When you say you don't use the app you get a question about what would encourage you to use their app.

    I hope Scottish Widows are reading this thread. By promoting their app in this way they are encouraging digital exclusion. For example many visually impaired users often find desktop screens much easier to use than small smartphone screens. A better approach would be to make people aware of their app and what it can do for customers who like apps, but to make it clear that groups such as the visually impaired will often prefer desktop access and will never be abandoned as too much trouble.

    That all said I do really like Scottish Widows (iweb) for their low charges and perfectly usable web platform.

    I came, I saw, I melted
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,860 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    When you say you don't use the app you get a question about what would encourage you to use their app.

    Oh, that's good to know. I'll be sure to tell them why I prefer their desktop site, on a desktop/laptop!

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.