We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2026

2»

Comments

  • Clutterbug07
    Clutterbug07 Posts: 561 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    UU

    • Pampers baby wipes 99% water: v handy in a pinch
    • Soltan Once Age Defence facial SPF 50: love!
    • Cetraben Ointment: Use this every night after whatever products I put on, after moisturiser, and I put rosehip oil in it, to seal it all in. This was running low, so I bought a replacement a while back- always lasts longer than you expect
    • Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Body Oil 200 ml: No idea when I got this, can't find it on my spreadsheet so it's definitely a bit old! I like this mixed in with some moisturiser. It’s obviously a bit greasy at first but sinks in lovely and makes your skin super soft. Might see how I get on with just mixing an oil into my body moisturiser, but if I'm not a fan of that I'll repurchase this.

    IN

    • Sure Nonstop Protection Anti-Perspirant Aerosol Watermelon Fresh 200ml: Mine is feeling light, so got the replacement already as can't run out!

    I don't think anything else is spluttering so I don't think I'll have any more UUs this month, but we'll see- you never know!

    Jan Grocery Challenge 2023:  £181.18/£400
    OSWLC 2023 Q1:  0/10
  • Hodgepodge
    Hodgepodge Posts: 228 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Final 3 UUs for September

    The Cream Augustinus Bader - wnba this was a mini from a beauty box and the price is ridiculous
    Pro-Collagen Marine Cream Elemis wmba I have used this on and off for years and it is a lovely moisturiser
    Sake Toning Essence Shani Darden wnba was actually a nice toning essence and smelled lovely but again it's expensive

    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
  • Hodgepodge
    Hodgepodge Posts: 228 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Totals for September

    6 in

    6 out

    Stash remains at this all time low level but still needs to reduce further

    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
  • Hodgepodge
    Hodgepodge Posts: 228 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Shiny new thread for October

    October 2026

    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
  • shandyclover
    shandyclover Posts: 946 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    September totals

    UU's - 13 🙂

    IN's 5…+6

    It was all going so well, then I went to Aldi to buy spinach and bought from the special buys the CC primer 'peach', shades 1 & 2 of the Hydrating tinted moisturiser, and all 3 tinted lip oils! 🙈 None of which I need right now. I have been on the hunt for a budget, vegan does it all skincare/moisturiser/tinted/SPF50 before a trip to Australia where I'll be outdoors alot and haven't found anything to dupe the expensive CT unisex healthy glow, so I think I bought a bunch of stuff in frustration. Console myself they are all things I will use and none too expensive 😐️

    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.