We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

UKCPM parking charge now £170, 5th DRP letter, Amazon delivery

Hi everyone, I’m really hoping someone can help me because I’m completely overwhelmed and don’t know what to do.

I received a parking charge from UK Car Park Management (UKCPM) for Mannequin House, Blackhorse Lane, London.

The alleged contravention is:

“Vehicle Not Registered (ANPR)”

At the time, I was using my personal car to deliver goods for Amazon. I parked at the location because I was making a delivery. From what I remember, there were no clear directions or instructions telling me that I needed to register my vehicle.

I appealed the original parking charge, but the appeal was rejected.

The charge has now been passed to Debt Recovery Plus (DRP) and has increased to £170.

I have now received what I believe is my 5th letter, dated 17 August 2026, saying:

“Warning: Call us to stop court action”
and
“Legal Action: Imminent”

It says I need to contact them by 31/08/2026 to avoid court action and threatens that I could face costs of £280 and damage to my credit rating with a CCJ.

I am currently on benefits and experiencing severe financial hardship. I genuinely cannot afford £170.

I’m confused because I have previously been advised not to panic about debt collector letters and to wait for an actual Letter Before Claim or court papers, but this latest letter is making me very anxious.

My questions are:

  1. Is this DRP letter still just a debt collector letter, or do I now need to take action?
  2. Should I contact DRP or continue waiting for a proper Letter Before Claim?
  3. Does the fact I was delivering for Amazon in my personal car make any difference?
  4. Is there anything I can still do about the original charge or the £70 added by debt collectors?
  5. What should I do if I genuinely cannot afford £170?

Any help would be massively appreciated. I’m really struggling financially and this is causing me a huge amount of stress.

Comments

  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 4,477 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    1 - Yes, no

    2 - No, yes

    3 - irrelevant at this point

    4 - no

    5 - irrelevant at this point

  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,880 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    vehicle was not parked as it was loading/unloading goods

    From the Plain Language Commission:

    "The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 4,546 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    As said abovr

    "vehicle was not parked as it was loading/unloading goods"

    DRP are just money scamming powerless fools …… TO BE IGNORED with their rubbish and fake add-on of £70

    Just IGNORE the fools, if you get a court claim (not from DRP) come back here

    DRP JUST TALK RUBBISH

  • MrJenkinsEsq
    MrJenkinsEsq Posts: 258 Forumite
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Don't panic. DRP are debt collectors, not solicitors. That is not a Letter Before Claim. Don't contact them.


    Screenshot the Amazon Flex delivery record for that address and date, with timestamps, and email it to yourself now. It shows you were un/loading, not parking, and it won't be available forever.


    You owe nothing unless a court orders it. You only get a CCJ if you then don't pay in the time the court specifies. Wait for a Letter Before Claim, then post back here.

    I'm a random person on the internet. I hold no legal qualifications and nothing I say is advice.

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,727 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    "I am currently on benefits and experiencing severe financial hardship. I genuinely cannot afford £170."

    @marie828 you will never pay a penny. How many minutes did UKCPM capture you for and were their photos taken by a lurking person on foot who then didn't issue or affix a timely notice (PCN) on the day?

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.