We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

British gas final credit refund - venting

Marvel1
Marvel1 Posts: 7,547
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 29 August at 10:52AM in Praise, vent & warnings

Final bill by email 10/08/2026, nothing in my account to date (14 working days)

Live chat, cheque posted to my address (they give address) 10/08/2026 - correct address.

They asked me to check with the Post Office as the delays may be with them (🤨) - vent part

I said it's not down to me to check, it's you as the sender or you an check if it's been cashed and if not send a replacement.

They will now a send a replacement cheque.

Comments

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,536
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Did you not have a direct debit set up with British Gas? Was this not a refund channel?

    Was it your choice to receive your credit balance by cheque?

  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,547
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 August at 11:05AM

    Yes I was paying by Direct Debit, I just had an email

    "Balance Summary

    Your final balance is £273.52 in credit. Your balance will be credited to you in full in the next ten working days to the account details we hold for you."

    I did not give any preference, unless it was in the settings, I don't mind how I'm refunded - I assummed it was back to my bank account in the first place.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.