We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Contacting the Financial Ombudsman after a case is closed
Earlier this year I took a case about my credit card to the Financial Ombudsman and the case was closed in March. I now need to contact the Ombudsman about a particular piece of evidence, and am not sure how to do it.
I can log in to the ombudsman site and see my complaint but don't understand how I can contact them about the piece of evidence. I see three tabs: "Messages", "Outcomes" and "Documents".
In the messages tab there's a box that says "Enter your message" with a red arrow on the right. If I type a message in there and click the red arrow, will my message be sent to the Ombudsman?
In the Outcomes tab, there's a Blue bar labelled "Case outcomes history" but if I click on that it says "No progress history available". What does that mean?
Comments
-
If you want to send them a message then I'd suggest that a box in a "Messages" tab saying "Enter your message" would indeed be the most likely place to start!
3 -
Yes, I was hoping somebody might actually know for a fact that the expectation is true.
0 -
The FOS helpline might be able to be more definitive - 0800 023 4567 .
1 -
Personally, as a consumer, have always engaged with them over email rather than the portal but that required them to have emailed you to have an email to reply to after the initial submission.
I therefore cannot say for certain about the portal but it certainly sounds like it. Personally would copy your message and save it down somewhere before submitting it as there is a chance you get an error message after hitting the submit button due to the case being closed and you dont want to lose everything you typed.
1 -
Best of luck.
We had an issue that the FOS decided was not blameworthy, despite prompting many questions about what they should ask of the institution they continued to say there was nothing more they could have done. FOS closed the case.
SAR eventually came through and the golden bullet was there, the box to pay off in full via DD was completed all along. The fact was the card provider did not react to that input from the application nor capture the evidence and the ombudsman did not press for proof that it had not been ticked.
By that time it was considered a closed case despite the fact that the institution had been materially obstructive.
Your life is too short to be unhappy 5 days a week in exchange for 2 days of freedom!
One can always make more money. No one who has ever lived can create more time.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

