We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Easiest bank for overdraft
Comments
-
Why are you looking for one with easy eligibility, is there something about your financial situation that makes you think you might be refused one?
1 -
The one that a credit check suggested I could get, not what 10 anonymous people on the internet, who have wildly different credit records, income etc, claimed they could get.
Working on the basis that 10 people said they got an OD meaning I would be likely to get an OD is nonsensical.
Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness:
People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.
1 -
I use First Direct, but they need good credit just to get the account, let alone an overdraft.
Having said that, their system is great.
I use it to pay all my Reg savers, at one point 6k a month.
To get the max interest I would let FD pay them all on the first of the month without having the 6k in my account.
As long as I credited the account by 23.45pm same day I was not charge.
So around midday I loaded to account with 6k.
I'm lucky and not needed to use my overdraft in the last 20 plus years, buy nice to have just in case.
0 -
Nationwide and Lloyds. However have been with them for many years
0 -
Which is almost certainly why you got one - they know you and how you manage your account
Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness:
People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
