We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Fedex and Debt collectors chasing me for unknown payment

2»

Comments

  • Navi48
    Navi48 Posts: 39
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Yes Okell you are right. I was under the impression that the letter was the invoice. I have never recieved an actual invoice for the £60

    If that exists, that would clear this whole mess up hopefully. They tend to take about 2 weeks to respond, and usually as I said, without answering the question.

    I feel i don't have any choice now, as they can just drag this out, but I need to get on with my life, and i don't want to waste any more time of you guys. Thanks for all who contributed. But sadly another opportunity to get these companies to act properly slips by.

    I'll pay Fedex, and show proof to the debt collectors. Utterley disgusted with Fedex.

  • Navi48
    Navi48 Posts: 39
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    After losing my rag and screaming at them down the phone this morning, I finally got the invoice. Crazy! Seems like it's a storage fee for the £60. Which I'm going to pay just to get them off my back, and then query.

    Second.jpg
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,776
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I don't think you should scream at anyone in customer services, at the end of the day they aren't the ones deciding what happens.

    What they have sent you is a final invoice after you paid (as balance is 0).

    So now, this opens up some questions about your original notification and the date of it, given you, for some reason blanked it out originally.

    What date did the estimate arrive?

    How long after did you pay it?

    FedEx told you an estimated amount - including telling you further charges may apply - if they remained in the bonded cage beyond two days a minimum charge of £10 would apply. At £5 per day, that means it was 12 days after the two days - yet the invoice says it was in a cage for 6 days therefore the charge should have been £30.

    So did you pay the estimated duties within 2 days? If so, why a charge. If not then you would have known all along that this charge was being incurred - as it was on the original letter.

  • Okell
    Okell Posts: 3,933
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 28 August at 2:25PM

    Hmmm…

    I agree with you that if the bike was in storage for only 6 days then a charge of £60 for storage seems excessive.

    But should the charge be £30 (£5 per day for 6 days) or only £20 (£5 per day for the 4 days in excess of 2 days)?

    Hope that makes sense!

    Also "… What they have sent you is a final invoice after you paid (as balance is 0)…"

    But why does that document dated 01/05/2026 show "Total Amount Due - GBP 0.00"

    Surely the whole point of this current thread is that FedEx are chasing the OP because he hasn't paid?

    (I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but can't see what it is…)

  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,776
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    The document is after he paid, as he said he would pay and then query it. It says the 1/05/26 because that is when the OP got the invoice. We still have no idea when the pre-payment email/notification came in (it was while it was either in the air or already in the point of clearance - which is usually Stansted for FedEx).

    It clearly wasn't settled within the two days of arrival though as that's why the further charge has been incurred.

  • Navi48
    Navi48 Posts: 39
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Hey guys. I like to finish these things off, so at least there is some conclusion. Firstly, I want to thank everyone on this forum who commented. It's really reassuring to know there are people willing to help.

    One thing I fundamentally believe after all this is that Fedex have possibly the worst most convoluted customer service and billing department I've ever come across (aside from AirBnB). You get forwarded from one department to another, with the !!!!!! not knowing what the elbow is doing, and everytime you email someone it's a different person who has to pick up where the previous one left off.

    The usual affair……………

    Cut a long story short, I didn't get a satisfactory resolution. I got as far as getting the invoice as shown above, but never got an explanation as to what the storage fee was for. I paid it anyway and then informed the debt collectors who stopped chasing me.

    Few days later after complaining again I got a random person telling me I was being refunded the £60. Had it been someone else, they probably would have told me I still owed it. Total confusion.

    All I wanted was a clear invoice and explanation as to what I was being charged for. A reasonable expectation. But it never came. Beware!!

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.