We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

BARCLAYCARD MONEY TRANSFER OFFERS DRYING UP?

2»

Comments

  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,777 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I had 2 months in a row of 6 months 0% no fee transfers, then nothing this month BT or MT which is unusual for them especially as I did a BT off their card so have only about 20% of the available balance used.

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

  • fergie_
    fergie_ Posts: 290 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I'm 4% for a Barclaycard MT, but I normally won't touch them. The offers are personal, but do have a lot to do with your personal rating and market 'conditions'.

    Like said by others, I'd look at a new interest free spending card. You can always load that up while saving the equivalent as cash. As long as you have a plan to pay it back in time, it would mean no interest or charges at all.

  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 29 August at 11:50PM

    For ages all my offers from

    BC offers dried up up and suddenly they started again and they were o% fee and this month 3% fee on bt and mt. Plus from 12 to 24 months.


    Also I never touch them because I can easily get a new credit card with 0% fee on balance transfers.

  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 30 August at 5:53PM
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 5,270 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    up until Aug 1st my 5 BC's always had 0% transfer offers for 18 to 24 months, then in Aug its went to 0% for 12 months, now its low APR. the game is up.

  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 5,725 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I have never had 0% offers "whenever I logged in" but I do get them regularly and continue to do so.

    On the subject of savings, whilst I get that it makes sense to hang onto them if you can borrow interest free remember that they are there to be used for such expenses so a policy of hanging onto them at all costs is probably not the best.

  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,777 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I don't have any currently, Aug and Sep both been the same

    NatWest however are doing 21 months 2.9% which is better rate than Barclays (3.3% previously) but only BT, usual Halifax/Lloyds poor 5.9% APR MTs

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.