We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Flannels/Fraser Plus Refund
Hello all,
I purchased a bag through flannels on a Fraser plus card. When it arrived it was much smaller than I envisaged. So I requested a return. I was sent a tracked 48 hour parcel force label. I posted the bag from the post office and was given a receipt. It was not weighed, I have been advised that as it was a prepaid label no weight was needed.
I received an email on the 27th July from Flannels stating that the item had been received and would be checked and a refund would be credit back to the original account in 14 days. After the 14 days, I was yet to receive a refund, so I made contact with flannels. They say they never received the item, even when I sent them their email. They then asked for the RM receipt which I sent, after another 2 weeks I had to chase them, they said they were investigating my case..another chase…. it was with management… another chase and an email from me stating I would be going to trading standards and small claims, they say they never received the item and my RM states the weight was 20g, when it should have been significantly higher, but still stating they did not receive it!
What can I do now, I have the receipt, the tracking notification from RM saying it was delivered on the 27th July, an email from flannels stating that they received the time, with the stock picture of the item, Fraser Plus are now chasing me for money, I'm at a loss, how can I give them any more evidence?!
Comments
-
. After the 14 days, I was yet to receive a refund,
If you have not received a refund, what funds are they chasing?
Life in the slow lane0 -
an email from me stating I would be going to trading standards and small claims
If you've threatened legal action and they haven't resolved the matter, then you need to be prepared to follow through with it…
0 -
Yes, it seems this is what I will need to do. I now have a letter from the post office ststing that the 20g is a default weight they put in for any prepaid label. So that at least is good news. I cannot understand how they can still dispute they received it when I have their email saying they have!
0 -
I presume she hasn't paid her Fraser Plus card as she's waiting for the refund to be credited back to it?
0 -
1 how much money are we talking about?
2 you say you have an email (or emails) from them confirming they received the bag?
See what others say but you might be best advised to pay off the card and then sue Frasers for the amount.
The alternative is not to pay off the card on the grounds that you are waiting a refund and see what action they take. Not sure that would be a good idea…
0 -
When you say "They say they never received the item" do you mean they're claiming they never received the parcel OR that they got the parcel but it was empty ?
If the former - then that is entirely their problem, for them to raise with RM, and they cannot delay your refund on that basis. If they refuse to budge, a letter before action would be the next step - it's the first stage of legal proceedings.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
