We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

<b>PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING</b>: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 <b>Have you signed up to the Forum's <a href="https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6612556/new-feature-get-sent-trending-forum-threads-by-email?utm_source=banner">new Email Digest</a> yet? </b>Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lender approval for unadopted road

Hi, first time buyer here currently in conveyancing stage, but it's getting delayed due to an unadopted close road with no maintenance agreement in place. Sellers solicitor has provided us with the indemnity policy to cover this and our solicitor has written to our lender (Halifax) to check if they are satisfied to go ahead. Now we are waiting to get confirmation from Halifax after they finish their final review.

Does anyone here know approximately how long Halifax may generally take to review if anyone else been in similar situation please? I'm guessing if the lender is satisfied, the next steps would be signing the documents for exchange of contracts and agreeing on completion date with the seller.

We do have LISA funds that need to withdrawn by our solicitor, so really having difficult time in understanding how long it may take to finally get the keys as we need to plan to move out of our current place soon. Please share if anyone here can have insights if they have been through similar case. Many thanks in advance!

Comments

  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 13,171
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Your solicitor will give you plenty of notice that you are getting ready to head towards exchange and completion.

    It sounds like you are a little way off just yet.

  • hbmse26
    hbmse26 Posts: 2
    First Post
    Newbie

    Thank you for the response. Our solicitor got back saying the lender has okayed to go ahead, so I guess we are heading towards exchange and completion soon.

    Fingers crossed there won't be any more hurdles to cross that might cause major delays.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.