We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Nutshell car insurance
A Quick one - are NUTSHELL car insurance OK ?
They are much cheaper than the opposition on Quidco and I was just wondering why ?
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.
Comments
-
I found this to sum it up as it's easier to read than promotional text or T&C.
Everything is app based for Android. Reasonably up to date and everything from claims to customer service is done through the app. No customer centre to phone. That's how they cut their price.
I don't like trustpilot but it is clear on the pros and cons for this company so you can see if it suits.
I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!
viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on
The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well
0 -
OP doesn't say if cover is required for themselves or another but this bit might be relevant
Nutshell is a fully app-based telematics insurer built specifically for under-25 drivers who drive fewer than 7,000 miles per year.
EDIT : That quote from the link above seems to be incorrect.
Nutshell were perfectly happy to quote for this far-from-under-25 yo with not a mention of telematics.
FWIW the quote was 3 times my current policy cost.
0 -
nutshell insurance services is a trading name of BISL Limited. Registered Office: Fusion House, Katharine Way, Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8BG. Registered in England No. 3231094. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Or as many would know then Budget Insurance Services. Nutshell is the digital arm.
Life in the slow lane0 -
Its a trading name of Budget Insurance, a very large brokerage and behind several affinity deals for Motor. They position themselves as one step up from bare bones ultra cheap policies but are still fairly basic policies. Its another digital first brand so low/no fees but expect to self serve online rather than have a long chat with a call centre agent.
In insurance terms they are still relatively new so most likely are priced to get market share rather than to be profitable.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

