We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Google Pixel 8a battery problem?
Charged up my phone to 80% unplugged it and when I next looked at it most of the apps had turned grey and screen had dimmed.
If I attempt to open an app I get a message saying, 'App paused by extreme battery saver'. The battery icon is showing 78% but has turned orange.
If I plug the charger back into the phone it all goes back to normal.
Re-booting the phone does nothing.
Can any one help, what is going on. Please keep it as simple as possible.
The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
I listen all night for your step on the stair.
Comments
-
Should be simple to fix (ahem).
Turn it off via Settings > Battery > Battery Saver > Extreme Battery Saver
1 -
Thanks for the tip, but it has only partly solved the problem. The apps are back to normal but all the backgrounds are in black and the battery icon is still orange when I unplug the phone.
I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
I listen all night for your step on the stair.0 -
Untick Use Battery Saver (in the same Settings screen).
1 -
Thank you all appears sorted now. Not sure why it happened, I have not changed any settings only charged the phone up.
I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
I listen all night for your step on the stair.1 -
You may have accidentally clicked the Quick Settings battery tile
1 -
I do that all the time, very easy to do.
Extreme battery saver is great when you need it when you're down to 10%. Lasts for hours.
2 -
I'm actually please this happened and made me aware of 'Extreme battery saver' it could prove very useful as I spend a lot of time out walking in the wilds on my own and you never know it could save your life.
I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
I listen all night for your step on the stair.2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
