We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Transfer Chase balance

Hi All, has anyone found a provider that will accept a balance transfer from a Chase card. My 0% is coming to an end and it looks like i may have to pay it off as nowhere seems to take a balance from Chase. I have tried the current top offers but Barclays, and therefore Tesco dont, neither do Virgin or HSBC. In addition i cant use First Direct, Nationwide, Lloyds or the Nat West group as I already have used them.

Comments

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,463 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Only definite positive transfer report I've seen was to Lloyds, which you don't have available.

  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Although you could possibly use Lloyds to move the money from chase and then onwards to a 0% card if the Lloyds card is still open and offers ongoing balance transfer just not at the best rates?

    I don't have Lloyds but for example Halifax often offer me a 5.9% fee free offer which is what I am thinking of.

  • grannyada
    grannyada Posts: 6 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker

    i already have a maxed out zero interest Lloyds card which is why i cant use that group

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,516 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Have you anything available that will give you an interest bearing MT with 0% fee to use as a mule card ?

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • cc123mm456
    cc123mm456 Posts: 125 Forumite
    100 Posts Name Dropper

    @grannyada A suggestion for one that you haven't tried yet is Santander. They have a couple of balance transfer cards on offer at the moment. 12 months at 0% with no fee, or 34 months at 0% with 3.15% fee.

    I don't know whether they accept transfers from Chase. I was planning to apply for the 12 month card for my Chase balance, but I have another couple of months remaining of my Chase offer period, so haven't applied for the Santander card yet. I'd be really interested to know if you have success with transferring to this one.

    You might already know this, but it may be helpful…There is a separate Chase card number for balance transfers. In the app, when viewing the credit card account, open the 3 dot menu and pick Transfer balance from Chase.

  • Janetober
    Janetober Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post

    I transferred mine to M&s, although there is a fee

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.