We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Hisense TV only lasted just over 2 yrs.
Before anyone says. YES I GET 2Yr warrantee, but I expect a TV to last longer than just over 2yrs and thought wrongly that Hisense would be more understanding.
I bought a Hisense TV 2 years ago and
the warrantee ran until the 30th Jul 2026. The TV started to have a
line across the screen on the 12th August 2026 Just over a month
after the warrantee ran out. I contact Hisense hoping that even
though it was out of warrantee by just over a month they would
replace the TV as a Gesture Of Goodwill as you would expect a TV to
last longer than 2yrs 1 month, but they refused so I wrote the
following email which they ignored:-
Thank you for the reply. I do
understand, but I would expect a tv to last far more than just over 2
years. It would not be prudent to replace it with an Hisense TV, as I
may be in the same situation in 2 years time. I also have a Hisense
dishwasher and would buy other Hisense product when I wanted them,
but this situation has change my mind on the Hisense brand. I do get
warrantee, but 2 months?? I would have thought that such a big firm
would be able to right off the cost of a TV as a gesture of good
will.
I then emailed them again as a question
saying:-
Hi I take it that that is a no then. A
reply would have been nice, but I suppose it is easier for you to
ignore a difficult email. Is this the normal customer service
attitude from Hisense
Regards
Brian.
They then did reply saying again that
the TV was out of warrantee and that they would not replace it. I
also have other Hisense products and DID think that they were a good
manufacturer, but I would not buy another one of their products now
and would not recommend them to anyone. Think twice before buying a
Hisense product.
Today I got yet another email from them stating AGAIN about the warrantee and the consumer act etc etc. It went on and on.
Comments
-
Who did you buy it from?
1 -
I suspect that if you read the email they sent "stating AGAIN about the warrantee and the consumer act etc etc. It went on and on" then they've probably explained that your consumer rights should be exercised against the retailer you purchased the TV from. Getting angry with a manufacturer about their warranty won't get you anywhere.
So…where did you purchase it, and how did you pay for it?
0 -
@Honest_guy77 you do not seem to understand your consumer rights, as above, you should be chasing the retailer and not the manufacturer.
0 -
Passive aggressive is still aggressive even if its not filled with expletives. People that work in contact centres have to deal with hundreds of rude, abusive and or aggressive customers every day. They are little more than autonotoms with very little authority and being forced to blindly follow process, some of us can understand that the abuse is aimed at the company and not the person being written/spoken to and other people go home crying most days.
When you have already given the official company line 2 times to a customer it becomes very boring just repeating the same thing with just more aggressive ways of the question being asked.
Warranties are on top of your statutory rights, as such they can be as full fat or basic as the manufacturer wants them to be Hi Sense is a brand that aims to make decent products at budget prices and as such you wouldnt expect them to have the highest level of generosity as their products dont have the fat built into the price to pay for it.
Your statutory rights are with the retailer not the manufacturer. As the item is over 6 months old they can ask you to prove it an inherent defect or not sufficiently durable but depending on who the retailer is they may just commission their own engineer to have a look at it from the get go.1 -
Expecting a new replacement after 2 years is asking for 2 much.
Life in the slow lane0 -
John Lewis gave us a new tv under their 5 year guarantee when ours failed 4 years and 11 months after purchase.
They also refunded the difference between the original amount paid and the cost of the new one.
1 -
Hisense cheap Chinese brand V J Lewis 🤣
Life in the slow lane0 -
TV still failed.
0 -
John Lewis sell Hisense tvs with a 5 year gtee, so not sure why it is so funny
regardless if the OP bought a TV with a 2 year warrantee/gtee then the retailer would most likely wash their hands of it0 -
Richer Sounds do a 6 year guarantee on some of the Hisense models. That is my rule now with buying a TV, Richer sounds with a 6 year guarantee.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards