We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax to Lloyds problem
Since being moved to Lloyds and now using their app I am having issues with existing links to my Chip and Zopa accounts. When I want to add or move money they open up the Halifax app which them tells me to change my account details to Lloyds. My bank account number and sorting code remain the same with the move to Lloyds. With Chip I need to remove my account before I can link a new one. For that you need a debit card as well. As my debit card is the one from Halifax will that cause issues when I try to set up another one? With Zopa when I try to add a new bank account choosing Lloyds from the list I just get a rolling circle and it doesn’t go any further. I tried another bank out of interest and that doesn’t load anything either. So must be an issue with their app at the moment. Any suggestions as I use these other accounts to fund DD elsewhere and need access!
Comments
-
Do you have a Zopa current account? If so, you can route money that way.
0 -
Could try killing the open banking connections in the Lloyds app/website and re-applying them?
Not possible with Chip but can you send funds to Zopa by a standard Faster Payment?
Or as @wmb194 suggests, route via FP to Zopa current account.
0 -
I have done a workaround with Zopa. But Chip is more important. I removed the link to my Halifax account and went to choose a new account. While they list Halifax and BOS they don’t list Lloyds as an option. Not sure why that should be as they are technically all the same. So will have to think again. Last time I had to contact Chip it was a bit of a nightmare so would like to get it working again. I wonder if I choose Halifax it will automatically take me to Lloyds instead!?
0 -
BOS is not technically the same as Lloyds, it has it's own FSCS cover, and Halifax, even when rebranded Lloyds is part of BOS. Both BOS and Lloyds are owned by LBG. Confusing isn't it?
Eco Miser
Saving money for well over half a century2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

