We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
manual / voy money back guarantee problem.
Hi all! Has anybody else had problems with rhe Manual (now Voy) money back guarantee? I bought their hair loss tablets, and followed their rules to the letter ie uploading monthly progress photos. They simply haven't worked. So I claimed on day 180 (you have to claim between days 180 and 210) and then multiple times after, by emailing the given email address. I tried another email address and messaging them in social media... they are simply not responding at all. I went to Virgin Credit Card to do a chargeback instead, but they say MasterCard won't allow a chargeback more than 120 days after the transaction. (But Manual / Voy don't allow the claim until day 180). I feel a bit stuck. Manual are being rubbish but also no protection from credit card? The amount is £96.
An similar tales? Any advice please?!? Thanks.
Comments
-
MasterCard won't allow a chargeback more than 120 days after the transaction.
This is often the stated front-line position, but isn't correct. The actual rule is the lesser of 540 days after the transaction, and 120 days after the service/product was expected to be delivered. If you take the view that the service here is the money-back guarantee, your time limit would be 120 days from Day 180.
That's the argument to take to Mastercard - you may struggle to get them to accept it, but it's worth a try!
1 -
Thank Woodstok2000, good to know for future reference.
UPDATE - I messaged the Dr who is shown as Manuals/Voys chief medical officer directly on Instagram. He responded almost instantly, and the refund has now been made!
0 -
540 days is for future dated purchases such as holidays.
Not for cases such as this.
Life in the slow lane0 -
Thats Not what the rules say. The time limit is 120 days from the delivery or expected date of service, up to a maximum of 540 days from the transaction date.
As I noted, it's not clear cut but there is definitely an argument that a service which can only be delivered after day 180 (i.e. the moneyback guarantee that forms part of the initial contract) would mean the chargeback 120 day limit starts there.
OP has nothing to lose by making that argument - chargebacks have been approved on more tenuous grounds in the past.
I had a successful chargeback for gift vouchers I bought with a 2 year expiry. The merchant went bust after 14 months. First chargeback was declined as it was over 120 days from purchase. They approved it when I argued that the expected date of delivery is when I spend the gift vouchers, not when I bought them.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards