We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Nationwide FlexPlus vs Co-op Everyday Extra benefits
We have a joint NW Flex Plus account (£18/m). Breakdown cover and travel insurance are most important to us, mobile/gadget cover a bit less.
If we switch to joint Co-op Everyday Extra (£12/m) what do we lose ? From what I can gather from a very quick check on MSE, the benefits are pretty similar. The devil must be in the t&c details (that I will have to read), but just in case somebody has done the switch I'd love to hear your experience.
Comments
-
For some (not much) information on travel insurances see this recent thread - Travel insurance - Aviva (Nationwide FlexPlus), pre-existing conditions
1 -
If you have existing health conditions that NW will cover make sure the Co-Op will too.
0 -
Luckily no preexisting health conditions, and (also luckily) still well below 79
AI says the Co-op breakdown cover won't work if I'm just a passenger in any car contrary to Nationwide Flex Plus. I don't think I've ever used this benefit (riding in someone's car and it breaks down and that person does not have their own breakdown cover).
0 -
CoOp vehicle breakdown cover is a personal breakdown cover for the named account holder(s) not the vehicle. So I suspect your AI information is wrong.
2 -
You are not wrong. But then saving £6 x 12 = £72/yr for practically the same benefits with very little extra work (since we are now both Co-op customers after the recent switch offer) does not look bad either. We just need to be more vigilant next year to get the NW £100 Fairer Share (having the Flex Plus made qualifying very easy) so a bit more work there.
0 -
Your AI answer is wrong...
RAC UK & European Breakdown Cover
Covers you in any vehicle you’re travelling in, at the roadside, in the UK and Europe. Helping you get to where you need to be.
1 -
I found the Nationwide provider wanting to charge for pre existing condition and Co-op didn't
Asfar i am aware the Nationwide provider doesn't have a list of medical conditions that ypu don't have to declare where as the Co-op does
2 -
I've found that the packaged bank accounts need a fair bit of work in comparing the benefits.
We need European Cover, and Nationwide and Coop were the main contenders. I eventually concluded that Coop matched our needs better and applied.
AI may be useful to summarise - but I like to read all the terms and conditions for myself.
It was a nice bonus when they dropped the price from £18 to £12.
It was even better calling my breakdown provider to let them know we wouldn't be renewing…
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

