We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Waitrose - Incorrect Delivery
Any advice appreciated here - I ordered a case of wine to be delivered by Waitrose Cellar a couple of wks ago. They delivered someone else’s champagne order (worth a lot more than my order). My name and address were on the outside box, the champagne recipients name and address are on the invoice inside (GDPR issue too!).
I contacted Waitrose and they asked me to return to store. I said no. They said they could arrange a DHL collection for which I’ve got to stay in all day as I must sign something. Arranged this for today, DHL text to give me collection time window, DHL have not turned up. I still have someone else’s champagne, no wine and no refund for my wine. In fairness I told Waitrose not to send me the wine as I was annoyed!
I’m a single parent, I work full time (need wine!), I can’t keep staying in for someone else’s champagne to be collected. Waitrose customer service being very transactional with me almost treating me like I’m holding the champagne hostage! No talk of my refund or compensation.
Would appreciate any thoughts of what to do next apart from put the champagne in the fridge… and then drink it or sell it!
Comments
-
Cancel your order and get your money back.
Don't contact them about the champagne again, leave the ball in their court. If they rearrange collection make sure it is at a time convenient to you.
0 -
You seem to be confused.....so am i because I don't really know what you want.....although you don't appear to want the wine you ordered.
Here is what I think you should do.......you paid for wine, you haven't got it, contact Waitrose and tell them to refund you. If they want their champagne tell them to collect it when it suits you, not them. Good luck.
0 -
thanks both - sorry yes I’m just annoyed hence confusion. I don’t want the champagne and just want a refund.
Will contact them as suggested.
0 -
I'd put everything in a written email saying you'd like a refund for your missing wine (which presumably the other customer has received) and if they want the champagne back to arrange a time convenient to you when you will be at home. In all fairness it is Waitrose's fault and in my opinion they should simply say keep the champagne as a gesture of goodwill!
Tilly Tidying andPADing in 2024 £250.62
___________________________________________________________________________________________
RIP Mum & Dad - thanks for helping me on my journey to be
Debt and Mortgage free from 20180 -
I expect they will write off the champagne. So just get your win refund. Keep the champagne but tell them they have 60 days before it's "destroyed" ;)
0 -
This looks like a bigger problem than it is because you're trying to be helpful to Waitrose. Don't bother, they won't thank you for it.
The only problem you have is an unwanted box in your house that you have to take reasonable steps to take care of.
Retrieving the champaign is entirely their problem - let them work around you, not the other way around. Don't take time off work, don't rearrange your life - tell them when you'll be home anyway.
0 -
Depending on the type of champagne and the number of bottles in the box - it could be worth anywhere from £90 to £3360 so I wouldn't necessarily expect them to write it off.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

