We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Bed frame.

Tommyh
Tommyh Posts: 117
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite

Hi all.
it’s been one of those days today but the main issue I have is our bed frame broke.
What are the rights around timeframe etc? On the batch sticker attached to the bed, it says it was produced in Feb 2023, so a little over 3 years. I’d expect a wooden frame to last a lot longer.
Frustratingly I can’t find an email confirmation from Bensons for Bed and we have moved twice since we bought it, so any physical receipt has been long lost.
I’ve contacted Benson for Beds with photos of the broken frame and batch number etc, so they should be able to find the reference fairly easy. But in case I have a fight on my hands, I just want to know where I stand with time limits etc.

TIA.

2014 wins:
4 x Pairs Ted Baker shoes. An Outdoors Project After School Club for my son.

Comments

  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 8,276
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I think you probably have a cat in hells chance! How much did you pay for the bed?

    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 16,894
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Has it been dismantled and reassembled each time you've moved? If so, that probably gives the retailer an easy initial response to reject any claim.

  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 12,004
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    What both of the above commenters have said. Don't even waste your time with this.

    Make £2026 in 2026
    Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77,  Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
    Total £629.02  31%

    Make £2025 in 2025  Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
    Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10

    Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%
    Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%


  • Tommyh
    Tommyh Posts: 117
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    fair enough. I did think it was a long shot, but there’s always hope.
    thanks for replying.

    2014 wins:
    4 x Pairs Ted Baker shoes. An Outdoors Project After School Club for my son.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.