We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Incorrect sofa delivery

Morning. I'm after some advice if anyone is able. Ordered a sofa from Abode Furniture Outlet in their Cardiff branch on the 19th July for our garage we had turned into a room. Excellent service and sofa at the start. Asked for the exact same shape as the display one we had just tried in their display room, which I said was right hand facing to match the one we also saw online. I was corrected by staff and we were told the display one was left hand facing. I assumed the sofa guy was correct and order was placed. Delivery day comes 4th August and it was indeed the wrong facing one and I was correct in needing the right hand facing one.

Staff were apologetic. Sofa was left with us so we had something to use and delivery team could not place it back on the van anyway without prior approval. We were told while they get the new one sorted, keep this one and when the new one is delivered the incorrect one will be collected at the same time. Fine with us. I was told initially it would be a week for this new delivery. Again fine. However after 3 more phone calls, most of which I never get called back with promised updates, I was told the system shows it's coming on the 20th August. Today is the 19th August and as we have had no phone calls or emails to confirm this date is OK with us or to make sure we're home for it I have again chased with both Adobe and V1 distributors who deliver for them. Adobe tell me yes it's showing collection tomorrow and V1 tell me no they haven't had confirmation from the supplier to collect or replace the sofa so it won't be tomorrow.

If the shape fit our room I wouldn't be so bothered but we ordered a right hand facing one specifically as our garage layout has been designed around this sofa shape.

We paid an initial deposit (via debit card) and 9 monthly installments, the first of which came out yesterday. My question is what are my rights in getting this swapped over as promised or if needs be cancelling the direct debits until resolved as I'm sure that will get someone's attention! We have also been promised scotch guarding etc as a bonus for the inconvenience which will be handy with the kids but everytime I ask about this no one knows anything about it either. Thanks for any help!

Comments

  • Woodstok2000
    Woodstok2000 Posts: 2,165
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Wait and see what happens tomorrow, if you dont have a delivery, head back to the showroom and speak to a manager.

  • LightFlare
    LightFlare Posts: 1,946
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    from the 4th to the 20th would be really quick for a re-order

    We had a partially incorrect delivery on 22 July and are still waiting (albeit a different company)

    Just chase them up tomorrow if youve heard nothing.

    Whilst I get that it’s annoying, mistakes happen and some things take time - at least you have something to sit on in the meantime

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,158
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Do not cancel Direct Debits. Can lead to unpaid marker on your credit history.

    If it does not turn up then involve finance co, given the mention of DD's

    Life in the slow lane
  • Jade2231
    Jade2231 Posts: 2
    Second Anniversary First Post
    Newbie

    This company offer really quick deliveries tbf. Had we not put off until the 4th August for our garage to be ready, it probably would have been with us within the week which is why I can't understand why it's taking so long for someone to even confirm to me what the date is for a new delivery. Feels like I'm being strung along

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.