We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Santander Banking App Asking To Update Details
Hi,
I have a personal Santander Account and use the Banking App on my phone.
Now when i go in to the app It says I need to update my information or they may restrict my access.
It is now wanting details like income, NI number, Photo ID etc.
Firstly why do they now need this when I have been banking with them for 3 years.
Also when it asks for annual income does this mean before or after TAX and NI reductions as it does not say.
Also they account is in both myself and my wife's names so will they also need my wife's details as well.
Sorry for the many questions I did try to use the Chat facility in the Santander app but after hanging on for 45 mins I had to close it.
Thanks or any advice
Comments
-
This is happening with all banks currently. They are concerned about getting fined for money laundering non-compliance. They need to confirm that our funds are legitimate, and if you don't comply account access can be withdrawn.
0 -
Recent thread on the same subject:
Banks are allowed to ask these things but no doubt you gave a lot of the same details when you opened the account. I've haven't been asked to do this yet so haven't seen the questions but for these things you usually enter gross income. Some posters complained that the questions are woolly and open to interpretation.
1 -
Is there a list of these questions anywhere? I keep having to come out of the app to find the answers they are asking for.
0 -
Doubt if there's a definitive list - it'll be tuned for each customer.
Not got a second device?
1 -
Thought that might be the case. I don't have mobile banking set up on another device. I'll get there in the end!
0 -
No ned to worry. Just answer their Qs truthfully. It's information gathering more than anything else.
0 -
..and make sure you note down what you said in your answers. So when they ask you again (which they will sooner or later) you can give them the same answers. For annual income I'd answer gross ie before tax and NI plus of course any savings/dividend/other type income as well as your PAYE. Some other financial groups when asking this question merely require you to state which range of income (for example £50K to £75K) out of a range of options. your income falls into.
I do not include non taxable income such as ISA's and NSI savings certificates income in any totals I quote in answer to these sorts of income question. So for me its basically the total income as stated on my self assessment tax return.
1 -
As far as I can make out this. You'll need to know income quarterly and annual and on any savings interest income as well (this was for santander, I screen shotted the list.
Fully with you IF they provided the list in a secure message/letter it'd make customers lives easier..
I REALLY hope Martin can do a guide on this and get in touch with the banks..0 -
You'll need to know income quarterly and annual and on any savings interest income as well (this was for santander, I screen shotted the list.
What are the boundaries for quarterly income? I have monthly taxable income numbers for the last financial year. Is that enough? Others have reported that we also need to report on the monthly inflows to our Santander current account. Again, I have monthly numbers for the last financial year (I took them from their statements). Is that enough?
0 -
with PAYE that is really overthinking it, I have a letter from my firm each year after the review which states bonus for that year + pay rise. I simply use the new pay figure on every year and ignore anything else as it's variable e.g. interest amounts
Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness:
People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




