We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Letters after transfer to nhs scheme
It's a long story. Joined nhs late 1980s but didn't join nhs pension. Took out private pension early 1990s. Joined nhs pension scheme mid 1990s. The private pension went under a review and found to be missold so it purchased a certain number of years of nhs pension. That went through nov 1997.
On going through paperwork, I've found statements from the private company dated after Nov 1997 for both the private pension pot and contracted out of serps pension pot. The latest ones I found so far are from Nov 1999.
Does this mean I might have another couple of pensions sitting somewhere?
Comments
-
I guess you might.
Do the pension company still exist? Does the paperwork you hold include your policy number / member number / whatever?
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0 -
This isn't quite the same question as the one you posed a few months ago. The important difference is that in your earlier question you said that you purchased the NHS pension years:
The title of this thread is that you 'transferred', which suggests that you were the one who purchased the extra NHS pension. Can you remember a bit more about what exactly happened? I suspect not, given that this was 30 years ago!
Contacting the pension company as suggested above would seem to be the obvious route, especially as you are likely to have moved (and not updated your contact details) since the 1990s.
Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!0 -
Apologies for confusion. I didn't purchase them myself. It was an industry pension review - review said it was missold. I have a letter saying - missold so we will put you in a position you would have been if you'd joined your company scheme. That purchased the NHS years.
I have the reference numbers and the company was a large company which was bought over by an even bigger company.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
