We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Playing Games on Amazon Fire Tablet
Hi. I've been playing various games on my android phone for ages. I was recently given an Amazon Fire tablet. Videos are fine and games look great..…with one problem.
For example Harry Potter Puzzles and Spells. The Game itself looks really good on the tablet but the play video button for adverts is greyed out. My Wi-Fi is fine - I can read the message boards and can play all the games that require Wi-Fi just no available videos.
Maybe once a day the video button will suddenly turn blue and I can watch a video but then it's back to being greyed out again.
Should add that my phone never has this problem on the house Wi-Fi.
If Wi-Fi is fine, 5g is not available for the tablet and everything else is ok....what's the solution? Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Comments
-
Apparently there's a daily limit, but it doesn't sound like you've hit that.
Maybe check Tracking Permissions: You might have to ensure app tracking and personalized ads are allowed in your device's privacy/settings menu
1 -
All looks OK thanks.
The weird thing is though that occasionally I do get the ability to see an advert. So it's not all the time?
0 -
May just be availability of adverts then - they're usually supplied by a third party so not under the control of the game devs. Do you know anyone else who plays - could you see if they have the same issue?
1 -
Is the point that playing these advertising videos gives some kind of bonus or reward?
Otherwise it must be the first time I've seen anyone concerned that they CAN'T see ads.
2 -
Yes very much so in the Harry Potter game!
0 -
As i say, when i play the same game at the same time on my phone, I get all the adverts available to watch whilst the tablet is usually greyed out. On my phone I get all ads available until I have watched them then the button dissappears.
On the tablet it's generally greyed out.
0 -
The cynic in me wants to suggest that the game developers haven't paid Amazon whatever rake-off they demand to allow extra ads on their platform BUT I'M ONLY GUESSING.
1 -
That did cross my mind too!
0 -
UPDATE
Yesterday all videos suddenly became available. I was able to watch them all. Same thing today.
No changes this end. Same Wi-Fi.
Let's see how long this lasts?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
