We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Blanc Space Screen Protector

Hi,

I ordered a screen protector from Blanc Space and on the back of the pack it says lifetime warranty.
I’ve emailed and they said it’s only a 12 month warranty.

Where do I stand as it’s printed on their packaging?

IMG_2197.jpeg

Comments

  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,996
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    When you placed your order, was it advertised with a lifetime warranty? Or with a 12-month one? Or something else?

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Ecoflow Stream, Best kettle :-)
  • Lynsey89
    Lynsey89 Posts: 152
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Unsure, the website says 12 months but I don’t remember at the time I ordered.

    I am within the 12 months anyway so it doesn’t matter too much just wondered where they stood if it was on their packaging

  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 18,777
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Lynsey89 said

    Unsure, the website says 12 months but I don’t remember at the time I ordered.

    I am within the 12 months anyway so it doesn’t matter too much just wondered where they stood if it was on their packaging

    It's what you were told before you ordered that counts. You would have bought the screen protector from the company (i.e. entered into a contract with the company) based on information the company had given you.

    It sounds like they told you there was a 12 month warranty, and you bought the screen protector (i.e. entered into a contract), on that basis.

    Presumably, you didn't see the writing on the box saying "Lifetime Warranty" until after the purchase, so it's not part of the contract.

  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,809
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Does it actually matter?

    I don't mean that in a facetious manner, but I am really struggling to see a way that a screen protector could fail, assuming it stuck to the screen in the first place.

  • Alderbank
    Alderbank Posts: 4,539
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 13 August at 9:02PM

    No need to struggle-

    The image posted above by the OP says:

    Lifetime Warranty

    If your screen protector ever gets worn or damaged we will replace it for as long as you own your device*

  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,809
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Thanks. I still struggle to see what could actually happen that triggers a warranty claim. It seems so remote, they could offer to send the MD to dance naked in the rain and shower you with pound notes until you tire of picking them up.

  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,996
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I still struggle to see what could actually happen that triggers a warranty claim.

    If your screen protector ever gets worn or damaged

    Based solely on the text on the package, the lifetime warranty seems to include accidental damage.

    I've accidentally damaged lots of screen protectors. I think I'm on my fourth or fifth one on my current phone. The current one broke after the phone slipped from my grasp and landed screen-down on a gravel path.

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Ecoflow Stream, Best kettle :-)
  • MyRealNameToo
    MyRealNameToo Posts: 5,269
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Importantly there is a * there… so what does the * say as its not in the picture?

    In the case the other day for a different brand there was a £10 excess to be paid for a claim on the warranty and at that time the new items on Amazon were £12.50 so even with the warranty in place you are only up £2.50 and thats not factoring in any effort to make a claim, any requirement to post stuff etc.

    Their website currently says its a 12 month warranty for manufacturing defects only so cant see from there. Looking at their website as at Mar 2025 and 2024 it was saying the same

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.