We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
I scooter don't have replacement part
Hi all, I bought a Iscooter for my son 10 months ago now. I bought this brand after research and seeing the British flag on the site and offer all bells and whistles.
Around 3 months ago the clamp for the accelerator broke, I contacted Iscooter and they said part was out of stock. They told me to go to ebay or amazon for replacement. I found one on amazon but it didn't work. Contacted again and they said Keep checking back everyday to see when it becomes back in stock. They cant even take the part off another scooter. This scooter was £400.
The part is £40, I'm quite happy to pay that just to get it on the road, But they don't have it
It has now been about 10 weeks My son has not been able to tide His scooter, Everyday i check the site. I'm getting frustrated and so is My Son asking everyday when part will be in.
I contacted Iscooter yesterday that this is ridiculous and am fed up. I'm going to post up their response and could someone tell me what can do next.
|
|---|
Comments
-
What would you like to happen?
Things that are different: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid0 -
The part is £40, I'm quite happy to pay that just to get it on the road,
But putting any scooter in the iScooter range "on the road" would be a criminal offence.
13 -
Or cycle path, pavement, towpath, or any publicly owned land.
5 -
Ten weeks without being able to use a £400 scooter because a relatively small replacement part isn’t available is understandably frustrating. I’d keep all the correspondence and receipts, and ask the seller what solution they can offer rather than simply telling you to keep checking the website. Hopefully they can sort it out or offer a suitable alternative.
-1 -
You do realise electric scooters are only legal being used on private ground with the owner’s permission.
Using it on public roads, pavements, paths or in public parks is illegal.
Save you money before the police seize it.
3 -
I am not impressed with the ethics of this trader.
Their website landing page is a huge photo of two students riding e-scooters along a public road with slogans like 'Back to School, Ride Smarter. Make every journey easier this school year.'
At the very bottom of the page in tiny print on a dark background 'It is currently only legal to use an e-scooter on private land with the permission of the land owner. It is illegal to ride an e-scooter on a public road, cycle path, bridleway or pavement.'
I think this is irresponsible marketing and is contributing to the dreadful rise in the numbers of children seriously injured each year through riding these scooters on the highway and being struck by cars.
@rstyrone, tell them you have waited far too long for the replacement part and you are now rejecting the goods for a refund since they have breached s23 of the Consumer rights Act 2015 which requires the trader to repair or replace the goods within a reasonable time.
4 -
But section 23 requires that a whole bunch of previous sections have been met.
If the scooter was over 6 months old at the time it broke, then the onus is usully on the purchaser to show that it had an inherent fault at the time it was sold. Without that, the retailer can hide behind "you must have broken it".
If it sticks, force it.
If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.1 -
This ^
The legal onus is on @rstyrone to prove that the scooter did not conform to contract when it was bought 10 months ago. They can't just tell the seller they've waited too long for a replacement
My anti-virus won't allow me to access the iscooter website, but if they use advertising slogans as quoted by Alderbank and going by iscooter's reponse to the OP, I suspect the OP will have an uphill battle dealing with them.
0 -
From the opening post, I did think that the OP was posting about Mobility Scooters 😄
I have googled the website and when I click on it, my anti virus blocked the website.
Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £8,594.01 Nearly there!0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


