We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

TSB banking app issues

Hello

Has anyone else had issues with logging into the TSB app?

I usually log in with my thumb print on my phone but that method and the memorable information option were giving me an error message that I would have to set up my phone again. I have no idea why.

I remember setting it up a couple of years wasn't the smoothest experience so I am not looking forward to having to do it again. I'm not even sure I have the letter with the user ID anymore.

It's not my main account thankfully, I just have a very small savings pot. I'm really hoping gaining access again isn't too painful. 🤞🏻

Comments

  • danmanchester
    danmanchester Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Yes, same here. I'm also getting the "we weren't able to do that" message in my Android app. Looks like they are aware of intermittent issues on Android: https://www.tsb.co.uk/help-and-support/service-message.html

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,462 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Working OK here on Android.

  • Baled
    Baled Posts: 137 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 13 August at 8:33AM

    Thanks! I wish I hadn't uninstalled the app.

    I have found the user ID letter but I think I'm going to have to reset login details anyway as I can't remember my memorable information...

    ETA - Getting an error message trying to reset login details too - says they can't identify me from the given username and d.o.b. 🤦🏻‍♀️

  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,777 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Trying to get all that when they have a known, reported issue? Wait for them to fix the issue, then deal with the reset.

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

  • Baled
    Baled Posts: 137 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Reset done this afternoon and managed to get in.

  • ranciduk
    ranciduk Posts: 788 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    FYI

    I recently setup tsb app on my new android phone- and it was an absolute doddle

    whether it will be a doddle when Santander turn it off is another matter….

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.