We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello fresh removed lifetime £15 discount on premium meals
hi, I was part of the pilot old rewards scheme hello fresh plus when you got to a certain reward you got to keep it unless you cancelled. you could still skip meals for holidays without it affecting your status. I had this reward for 18months and 2 weeks ago it was suddenly removed and replaced with 15% off or a free desert! not quite the same thing! despite screen shot evidence of a agent on the online chat confirming I did indeed have this reward for life after looking through my log and proving I had the discount by sharing my invoices showing the discount was applied on premium meals up to £15 each week automatically by them without the need for any promo code they are saying I was mistaken, I never had the discount in the first place and even if I did they cannot reinstate it! this stinks of them no longer wanting to honour a discount which was accrued fairly and confirmed by them it was for life. had anyone else had this and what steps did you take to get it reinstated. thanks.
Comments
-
Have you read the terms and conditions - what do they say about the discount? Was the reward truly 'for life', or was it just provided on an ongoing basis subject to review by HelloFresh. It would be surprising if their legal team allowed them to run a promo which potentially put them on the hook for a specific ££ discount for up to 80 years per customer….
1 -
Since it has got my spidey-senses tingling:
you could still skip meals for holidays without it affecting your status
To cut to the chase, were you skipping a week a few times a year, or were you constantly skipping multiple weeks/months in succession?
I have heard HelloFresh void promotions for the latter, it could be seen as an abuse of their terms.
Know what you don't0 -
Thanks for your reply.
Just to clarify, this wasn’t a voucher or promo code. The £15 premium‑meal discount was applied automatically every week for 18 months without me entering anything. It only applied to premium meals and reduced them to £0.00 every time. I have screenshots of dozens of orders showing this.A HelloFresh agent also checked my account logs and confirmed it was a lifetime reward from a pilot scheme (HelloFresh Plus). So this wasn’t a public promotion or a time‑limited voucher — it was a system‑level benefit tied to my account.
The issue isn’t that they ended the benefit. The issue is that they are now claiming I “never had it” at all, despite their own system applying it for over a year and an agent confirming it in writing. That’s why I’m escalating it.
0 -
Yet another "LIFETIME" deal.
It really is time that ASA stepped in & defined exactly what "Lifetime" in any cases such as this means.
Life in the slow lane1 -
"The issue is that they are now claiming I “never had it” at all"
"an agent confirming it in writing. "
Which is it?"The issue isn’t that they ended the benefit."
If that's the case, what remedy are you hoping for from them to resolve your complaint? It appears an agent has acknowledged you had the discount applied previously….
0 -
A HelloFresh agent also checked my account logs and confirmed it was a lifetime reward from a pilot scheme (HelloFresh Plus)
It sounds a very odd proposition that a pilot scheme would involve anything for life, as the nature of pilots is that they're experimental and/or short-lived, but there must have been some Ts & Cs associated with it?
The issue isn’t that they ended the benefit. The issue is that they are now claiming I “never had it” at all, despite their own system applying it for over a year and an agent confirming it in writing. That’s why I’m escalating it.
Where/who are you escalating it to?
0 -
It sounds a very odd proposition that a pilot scheme would involve anything for life, as the nature of pilots is that they're experimental and/or short-lived, but there must have been some Ts & Cs associated with it?
So perhaps the lifetime of the pilot?
Life in the slow lane4 -
The issue isn’t that they ended the benefit. The issue is that they are now claiming I “never had it” at all, despite their own system applying it for over a year and an agent confirming it in writing. That’s why I’m escalating it.
What resolution are you aiming for exactly? If you don't care that they ended the benefit, then what is the loss to you if they make spurious claims about the past?
1 -
Are they perhaps saying the OP owes them, because the discount has been retrospectively removed?
0 -
So you're going to expend potentially a lot of energy arguing over one person claiming that you never had it? That seems rather silly.
If you don't care that they've ended it and they've also said that even if you had it they wouldn't reinstate it then what's the point?
Personally I'd be far more aggrieved by the use of "lifetime" (presumably without any qualifiers) for somethign that lasts 18 months.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

