We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Parking Ticket overstay free 1 hour
Hello, went to McDonald's, for an apparent total time of 1 hour 13 minutes.
I think the carpark was for Wickes which is right next to it, like a business park.
I got a ticket stating max stay is 1 hour. It's a free parking area, no ticket to buy. Company is G24. I appealed, never addressed who I was, and it was rejected with a template response about signage.
My argument was you are allowed grace period of 5 and 10 minutes.
Anyway, so next stage appears to be POPLA? Wondering on advice for my particular scenario in terms of the parking time allocation.
I dint know how much information sharing is considered "safe". I am not paying these crooks that's for sure. I have the letter and appeal rejection.
Thank you
Comments
-
G24 are IPC AOS members, not BPA AOS members, so definitely no Popla
3 -
"
My argument was you are allowed grace period of 5 and 10 minutes."Yes the correct application of consumer protection law supports you.
The bent joke of a Code of Practice doesn't. But who cares about that?!
To argue that with any chance of success at the IAS, you'll heed to read the CMA's Open Letter to the parking industry from July. Google it. We won't link it. Read that first.
Then quote the CMA about consideration periods in your IAS appeal.
You'll never have to pay so it doesn't matter if you 'lose' but give it a robust go, relying on the doctrines of fairness in the consumer laws that the CMA reminded this rogue sector trump any self-serving Code of Practice.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2 -
Thanks, reading up now. And I will appeal with IAS with the findings.
0 -
Ah balls I've missed the appeal deadline, am I cooked? I should just now ignore?
0 -
Ignore for now - wait for Letter Before Claim - ignore all begging debt letters.
2 -
Who cares about missing the kangaroo court?! Just ignore it & don't tell us about the £170 threatograms please (hope you've read post 4 of NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST)?
Tell them immediately if you move house of course, but that's common sense.
Come back and re-read post 2 of that thread if you get a LBC or claim form.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

