We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Selling my house - my way
hi hope there is people here have sold their houses independently their own way if so please can you help with any of the following?
I thought the purple bricks £999 package, do I need to have them do an evaluation or can I just set my own price? For this package, will I be able to make price changes and change the copy later in Rightmove and Zoopla
is there a time limit on this package to sell your house, I'm in no rush to 2 years would that be allowed ?
Are there any rules about the kind of copy you can use to describe your house? For example, can you describe the location as a leafy suburb, a good neighbourhood, excellent schools , great neighbours ? Can you use copy like this?
my house is in the Midlands particularly close to a train station a few minutes walk with fast links to the south, is there any way to target particularly buyers in the south and south east ?
Are there any alternatives to purple bricks, I basically just want to be able to get the Rightmove and zoopla listings, do not need it to be featured or ranked higher it will sell itself, I just want to hold out for a high price and then maybe reduce it later
Asking price will start at 355 and if it's not sold in two years will reduce no lower than 285 which is the approx value , but houses on this street always sell higher than valuations . I'm adding this information here only in case any of the packages charge based on the sale price.
Are these specialist companies offering cash / fast completion worth bothering with, can they find clients for you (that they charge) or are they just looking for desperate people that need to sell quickly at a low price?
I would consider using them if they can find a client, but the price would not budge until I'm ready to lower it.
Do I need to get the EPC redone? I had a multi fuel installed and did some improvements to energy efficiency or can I just use the previous one? It's over four years old, is it a requirement for me to get a new done before listing?
are there any other potential legal issues where I could mess things up by the way, I tried to sell it or is all the legals handled after the offer through the legal channels
I will likely buy my next home before the sale of this home completes, my understanding is I will be able to reclaim any overpaid stamp duty ? And if I remove the furniture from this house, then I should not attract the council tax 2x levy, is that correct?
Thanks
Comments
-
Removing the furniture will still attract the empty homes CT premium
If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales2 -
At £1000,
I’d be tempted to just get an EA in.
2006 LBM £28,000+ in debt.
2021 mortgage and debt free, working part time and living the dream6 -
I don't require an EA , I can do a better job for a fraction of the cost. Did you actually read the post? It was for people that sell their homes independently, so obviously not relevant to you
The greatest prediction of your future is your daily actions.1 -
If you actually want to sell it use an EA (Estate Agent)
Why would you even consider using purplebricks???
1 -
You won't use an estate agent but will reduce it 70k?
Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
5 -
We have sold two houses with online estate agents, we did get local EA to value our property first though but did produce our own copy before AI was around but using words in similar listings on Rightmove.
Sadly bitht he online EA we used are no longer and we once got out of purpkebrucks because of their salesperson and ignoring one of our requests within 1 hour of signing up with them.
We only really look when we are ready to sell to see what options are out there and would look sites like the below and few interesting price options there
1 -
you clearly don't understand DIY house sales or opportunity selling at all there's no need for you to reply if it's not for you
The greatest prediction of your future is your daily actions.0 -
I use them years ago they were fine but I took a package where they do a bit more work. You don't actually need any estate agent. What you need is your house on the right move and zoopla, great properties take no selling the challenge is maximising the sale price
The greatest prediction of your future is your daily actions.0 -
thanks. I've used Ea in the past but I took packages this time. I just want to do the bare minimum get it listed on right move. I don't need a valuation I know what my asking price will be to start and I know it will potentially sell for to the right buyer, every time I've had estate agents value of property it's been a pretty pointless exercise, every property I've sold in the past has sold much higher than the estate agent valued it anyway they are normally looking for a fast sale to meet their targets rather than waiting for the right buyer
I've used purple bricks in the past a long time ago and they were good especially when you get lots of offers. It's good to manage in their platform but I've been disappointed today trying to get a hold of them and there seems no way to sign up like you used to be able to do without getting them to do evaluation first.do you know any other companies that offer the basic Rightmove and Zoopla listingand nothing else because my understanding is you cannot put your house on these platforms directly you must go through a company like purple bricks
The greatest prediction of your future is your daily actions.0 -
I know how much 70k is.
Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

