We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Another post about buyers not reading a listing.

I am selling something that would often be sold with something else, let’s say saucers without the matching cups. My item title says saucers (only) my description mentions saucers only and goes on to say ‘no cups, saucers only’, the photos show just saucers.

I first sold the listing which was paid for and luckily before I sent them out the buyer messaged to say ‘can you confirm the cups are not chipped or cracked as there isn’t a photo of them. Once I confirmed there were no cups I got the cancellation request which I accepted.

Last night I sold the listing again, started wrapping them this morning and got the message ‘just checking these aren’t just saucers as I wanted the matching cups as well’. When I confirmed it was just saucers I got a cancellation request again.

I’m reluctant to list again, it’s becoming annoying, despite having tried to make it clear that it’s just saucers and having people expect cups as well, I’m at a loss.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

  • Jemma01
    Jemma01 Posts: 1,035
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 9 August at 8:13PM

    It's now all about photos. Since fools don't read text, put up a photo that says "NO CUPS, SAUCERS ONLY" white background black big fat text

    I'm FTB, not an expert, all my comments are from personal experience and not a professional advice.
    Mortgage debt start date 11/2024 = 175k (5.19%)... Q1/2026 = PAID (3.94%)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,509
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador

    I'm not sure buyers always look at photos either. Another of my business lines has various sizes as standard. The title says 'small' I mention the size in the description both in inches and cms, plus I add photos with the item alongside a rigid ruler, and I even take photos of it in my hand and I still get people asking me how big it is, or whether this is the 'big' one. The difference between the 2 main standard sizes is considerable , think along the lines of 13 cms for the small size and 30 cms for the large.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,596
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite

    There is no limit to stupidity.

    But, to be fair, I don't get a lot of questions like this.

    Maybe it's because I tend to sell branded clothes and footwear.

    I agree it's annoying to carefully describe and photograph items but then to have to answer stupid questions.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.