We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Credit card for spending abroad!
Comments
-
We've just switched to a Lloyds Ultra c/c, primarily for the 1% cashback for 12 months & for emergency use abroad (instead of the Halifax Clarity). The Ultra has full name on it.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.0 -
A couple of car hires I did in this country a few months ago were without paying the collision damage waiver, and so had quite a large precautionary refundable deposit/authorisation (one was £800, can't exactly remember the other, maybe £1200)
So I wouldn't want to experiment abroad with a card a bit less than ideal
0 -
I don't have any misdirected self-importance about Spain.
The only time I go to Spain is when I fly via Spanish airspace - not into spending time at the full English Costas.
0 -
There's a lot more to Spain than the Costas!
0 -
That happened to me over medical care in Jamaica. It was a Barclaycard & I spoke with customer services & they waived the non sterling charge in both directions, out & back in. I didn't exactly even really ask for it, the operative offered, perhaps give it a try.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.1 -
Sorry for the delay in replying as just back from holiday. YOu are absolutely right and I got it wrong. The problem was with Barclay's card which has the intial. Halifax clarity has the full name. I faced the same problem this year again at Malaga airport where the car hire company declined the Barclay's card as it does not have my full name.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
