We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Getting refund via credit card
I purchased some theatre tickets for Paddington the musical from a site which I believed to be the official ticket site. I used my credit card to buy the tickets, once purchased I realised that it wasn’t the official site but a third party and I was charged £16 per ticket in fees. My question is that although the tickets are non refundable, I have been offered a voucher as a refund, but can I claim the money back from my credit card company?
Comments
-
On what grounds ? If the reseller is legitimate, there are many legitimate resale sites out there, you are bound by the T&Cs of that site and if they have operated within those terms a change of mind is not grounds for the CC to become involved. Which site did you purchase from ? Why do you no longer want the tickets ?
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
Even "official" ticket sites will charge additional fees. Can't see the credit card company having any interest in this until a breach of contract has occurred.
0 -
You can't.
You have changed your mind on the purchase, there are no rights via Credit Cards to claim money back due to this.
Life in the slow lane1 -
One proviso - if the £16 was not shown in the total before you pressed 'purchase' but they then secretly added it afterwards then that is something you can genuinely complain to the card company about
however if you were shown the total and then press purchase then no
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

