We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

where to sell a like-new smart TV?

I bought a 32 inch Smart tv and realise its not big enough for the lounge

I cant return to amazon as its too late

next best place to sell it ?

«1

Comments

  • El_Torro
    El_Torro Posts: 2,359
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Ebay or Facebook Marketplace are where I'd go. Expect to take a hit on what you paid for it though.

  • retiredbanker1
    retiredbanker1 Posts: 1,007
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    No offence to you but I would never buy a television set off a private buyer.

    I would not get any guarantee if anything went wrong and these days 32'' TV's are cheap as chips.

    Perhaps try some local Facebook groups local to you or consider donating it to a local charity?

  • MyRealNameToo
    MyRealNameToo Posts: 5,269
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    not 32" but have sold all my old TVs on eBay when I've upgraded and thankfully never had a problem with any buyers… you may not want to buy a tv from the OP or I but there are plenty that will. Mine weren;t as new and the hit was to be expected.

  • mta999
    mta999 Posts: 771
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    You are likely to get a better price if you also put a picture of the receipt in the listing to show it is practically brand new

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,509
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador

    personally I’d be happier with a local Facebook group and cash on collection.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • messia07
    messia07 Posts: 243
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Is this a newer model tv or old one?

  • GabbaGabbaHey
    GabbaGabbaHey Posts: 1,117
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    You could also try Gumtree.

    Philip
  • TimeLord1
    TimeLord1 Posts: 1,406
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Savvy Shopper! Rampant Recycler
    Forumite

    See what trade in deals are about.

  • olb81
    olb81 Posts: 299
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    its a 2024 lg model new in box only opened and used briefly

  • retiredbanker1
    retiredbanker1 Posts: 1,007
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 6 August at 7:09PM

    How much are you trying to get?

    I can see up to date 32'' LG smart TV's going for £160 with a guarantee (Argos website).

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.