We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Vodafone Reporting Indefinite Monthly Missed Payments For Over 6 Years
Comments
-
Thanks for the time line - very helpful for me to understand what's happened.
OK so nothing received recently (aka for 6+ years) from VF and the only reason you contacted them was to try to tidy your credit report. And if they intended to add a marker to your file they should have done so when they said in 2020, not in 2026. It does read to me as standard bully boy behaviour to scare someone into coughing up the cash.
@sourcrates is right about not doing anything at this time.
That should include NOT adding a comment to any of your credit reports about VF messing things up as that in itself may cause an issue with obtaining credit. I believe it stops the automated credit checks done and flags any credit application to be viewed by a real person which may actually mean that no one will look at it so the application fails.
So I'd say don't pay, wait to see if they send it to Lowells and see what happens after that.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅1 -
I agree with the above, wait and see what happens with the debt before you do anything.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter0 -
I have received the attached messages on my ClearScore account. Any idea what this means as the first says it’s being removed and the 2nd says a new account is being added?
should I contact Equifax and ask for further details?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



