We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Wait time after burner account setup
Comments
-
Also, Chase and Starling do not let you open a new acount if you had closed one previously.
Something to keep in mind - other banks may apply this rule in the future.0 -
As long as you keep one account open with Chase, you can open further accounts.
0 -
Starling do, I think you need to wait a while but I had an account purely for switching and switched August 2022 and opened a new one in January 2024 which I still have. They actually seemed to retain some data of my previous account as I got an email saying my login had changed when I opened the new one
Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness:
People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.
0 -
Chase have started sending warning emails to people who keep opening new accounts to switch, you may find the account closed if you do it repeatedly
Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness:
People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.
1 -
For those that might be interested.
Monzo was opened 16th July.
I set up 2 DD to come out within the month.
Natwest switch started 2nd Aug
Switch completed 12th Aug
I paid in £1250 on 14th
£200 switch bonus paid 18th
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


