We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Damaged item received - business not accepting return

2»

Comments

  • AlCapwn
    AlCapwn Posts: 44
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Thank you both for your input.

    Interestingly, the finance company contacted me about a survey and when I mentioned my concerns, they offered to raise a section 75 claim on my behalf. Not sure if that is the norm but they have a claims process for it. Credit card is of course another option I am keeping under consideration.

    As for the table, yes, it is exactly what we wanted in terms of dimensions and features, we did travel around a fair bit to find something our specific needs.

    My main concern is just seeing how readily a faulty product left the factory. It doesn't seem to have undergone any QC, so I have concerns about the longevity of any replacement. It doesn't align with the high quality product I was told to expect from a 'premium' Italian manufacturer. We spent a bit extra in anticipation it will give us solid service for a long period of time so it's quite deflating to receive it with damage.

    I did casually shop around for an alternative - it's quite hard to find something with our specific needs. The next closest option is half the price and slightly smaller once extended than we wanted, but I could live with that.

    Yes, this is something I discussed with the wife today. Shot myself in the foot by not doing a more thorough check, you can be assured I won't make that mistake again!

    I have a few days before I get back in touch with the company so will mull over this advice.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.