We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.O/S Daily Friday July 31
Comments
-
Morning all, thanks @Scarlet for the start off. A wave to @Gers on your return home, glad to hear your hospital op is done with and you have the Loch cruise to look forward to - it sounds lovely.
No rain here yet and everything is still brown and parched although Mr Weatherman says there is a 50% chance of getting some of the wet stuff this lunchtime. 'Feels like' temperatures are back in the high teens too.
Yesterday I gave the WM a drum clean and am counting that as my 'extra' job for the day. Usual Friday admin to do today and I'll have a wander up to the Co-op for a small top-up shop - the fridge is looking bare and the pantry shelves aren't far behind. I can see my next grocery delivery being a big one. 🙄 I have just one book to go back to the Little Free Library but might wait until there's a couple more before I do that since I already have a big reading pile and don't want to be tempted by more. 😁 I've been pondering what to do with leftover vinegar from a jar of gherkins and DS made the suggestion of pickled eggs. Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but that's what I've done - not had one of those for years. Usual fakeaway chippy tea tonight so nice and easy.
@Scarlet - How annoying. I hope your DH manages to get it sorted out at the PO.
@AA - I'm so sorry yesterday wasn't a good one for you, fingers crossed today will be a better one.
That's my tea break over now so I'll get a wriggle on but not before I wish everyone a good day - and a good night's sleep to follow if you're one of the wide-awake brigade. Take care all. xx
Be kind to others and to yourself too.6 -
Morning all
Back from shopping. Really busy, must be end of the month pay day!
Glad you're op went well @Gers
Hope your DH can get his driving licence sorted @Scarlet
@AA {{hugs}}
Sorting out our TV cupboard as still moving things for next week I came across my very old kindle and an old tablet of DHs. Struggling to get the kindle to work as it doesn't seem to want to charge so I'll see about any solutions online and then decide if they're worth selling or not
Nothing else planned today so have a good day all x
6
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
