We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.O/S Daily Friday July 31
Morning all
Comments
-
Morning folks and thanks Scarlet.
I was woken at 6 am by a noise I haven't heard for a good while! Torrential rain battering the caravan. That wasn't forecast and all the outdoor cushions etc, which have been left out all week, are now a bit wet! The sun is due shortly so hopefully they will soon dry out.
Have a good day folks if you can and take care x
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"13 -
Morning again, it's not a bad start here, not exactly sunny but fine.
Yesterday was warm but cooled down quickly in the early evening, and I had to put a cardigan on.
I wasn't out yesterday, just busy round the house. I have to go out to the Post Office today though, I finished the card I was making and I'll send it to Australia for Dil's birthday.
I have trouble with ring pulls as well, also jars and bottles! Like TA I use a spoon handle through the ring pull.
Dh's attempt to get his driving licence back is going badly - despite his paying to send the application tracked, with photo taken on delivery, he's discovered that it has returned to our P.O. He took it on Monday of last week. To say he's fuming is an understatement. He's going down to the PO today to try and sort it out.
Hope everyone manages to have a good day whatever they're doing today - take care folks.
14 -
Morning all. Thanks for the start @ScarletRibbons. I'm back safe and sound from my hospital stay. Kidney procedure was successful though there were a couple of post-surgical blips along the way which threw me. However, all done.
This morning I'm taking Alan on a cruise - two hours up and down Loch Katrine in the Trossachs. It's the one I did after my week in Perth. He expressed an interest so of we go.
I'll catch up when back home tomorrow. Meanwhile, I hope that all are well. Hugs all round.
13 -
morning everyone thanks for the start scarlet pleased everything went alright Gers and you are back safe and sound enjoy your cruise sounds lovely. It’s my volunteering day today it’s a bit cooler to unload the van this morning although it will be nice in the charity shop this afternoon . there is some tuna pasta in a tub in the fridge hubby will have tonight I will have fish and frozen veg still trying to be good. Scarlet why is nothing easy always a problem I hope he gets it sorted . TA enjoy the rest of your week hope the cushions dry soon . Thinking of all the poorlies hugs to those that need them have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
11 -
morning all
Scarlet - hope DH gets the licence sorted. Glad you’re sorted Gers, have a lovely day, that cruise has been added to my ‘things to do’.
Not such a great day yesterday - felt as though everything got on top of me, too much time for my head to think. Finished up walking up the lane and sitting on the bench overlooking the valley just for some peace. Hopefully today will be better.
Hope you all have a good day
AA
11 -
Good morning
Bright and sunny, early yesterday afternoon we had spits and spots which didn't do anything at all.
I was told yesterday that one of our neighbours has passed away, such a nice man and the first to welcome us when we moved here 17 years ago. We're all oldies along this row and it sometimes feels like God's waiting room.
Cod in parsley sauce, new potatoes and veg tonight. Last night we had sausages.
@Gers Enjoy your cruise, glad everything went well with your procedure and hope you feel ok.
Have a good day all, take care.
10 -
Morning All
Thanks for the start Scarlet, hope your DH can sort out the DL.
Glad you're all sorted Gers, enjoy the cruise.
I haven't managed to get on all week, DS2 and his partner are here, one of their friends was here too for a night. We seem to have been really busy and eaten out a lot, have the little one staying here too!
I sold one of the single beds from the kid's room and sorted things out so the little one has a bit more room, she's delighted and was happy to sleep in there last night. Just need to buy some storage units from Ikea next time I go for all the toys that lived under the bed.
The allotment is very fruitful at the moment, lots of green beans and peas which are delicious. Will visit later.
Hope everyone is well, take care. XX
10 -
Here's the website.
Sir Walter Scott8 -
Morning all
Nice day here again I have washing in the wm so will hang it out shortly.
We have little Jude here (dd’s friends son)! He is a delightful little boy and full of energy 😳😬 he has been very good though and no bother.
I’m off to get my nails done this morning and then home to do a quick bit of housework, I may need a nana nap later as I had a bad night and was awake for several hours.
Not sure about dinner tonight but we have plenty in so won’t starve.
Gers I’m glad all went well xx
Have good days all and take care xx
7 -
Morning all, thanks Scarlet, hope DH licence appears soon.
Gers glad the procedure went well, enjoy cruising!
Camelot pleased LO likes her new space.
We've had overnight rain and a shower just now, the bench cushions were left out
Yesterdays shopping trip with DGD went ok, the bus wasn't full either. She got what she wanted,bought her DDad some socks and I got a new watch strap and a battery fitted in 1 of DH watches too.We stopped for a drink and a snack as she hadn't had any breakfast and started to feel a bit sick after all our wandering around, perked up afterwards., and we caught a different route bus back - the more direct route was full of roadworks going and took ages. Once back in our town we caught one up to DS2s & she dashed upstairs to try on all her new clothes 😉& is happy with them.DGS got dropped off straight from the airport to DS2s so he could make the 1st footie training session of the next season 😂 but we missed him as we had to get back, DH was going out.
Pork steaks for tea I think, we had lemon sole goujons last night. Have a good day everyone.
:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)8
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
