We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Have I lost this money for good?
Comments
-
The problem with that is that if he doesn't receive the paperwork because he doesn't physically live there, you would probably end up winning in court by default, but you'd still be no closer to getting paid.
0 -
As I suggested above, have you checked who owns the address you found?
0 -
But false claims can backfire & leave the likes of the OP with a CIFAS marker.
Life in the slow lane0 -
Hello, just an update.
unbelievably the money has been refunded by the bank! Had an email about 30 mins ago. I'm in shock, I thought id either have lost it for good or would have a real battle on my hands to try and get it back. I'm so pleased! Thanks to those who told me to report it to the bank/action fraud.
5 -
Good news - did they clarify the specific basis on which they were refunding you, e.g. was it framed as qualifying as an APP (Authorised Push Payment) fraud? Which bank is it?
0 -
No, no information regarding the criteria under which they are refunding, just that they have looked into the transaction, they believe I sent the money in good faith for goods and services that I haven't received and that the money will be refunded. The email came from the fraud department at the Co op bank. Maybe the guy has form? who knows, im just so relieved to have it back.
2 -
no way of knowing for sure but it is likely the guy will also have his account suspended then closed
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

