We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Every time I get a quote for my modest DB pension - it has gone down.
Comments
-
thank you for the help everyone
0 -
I remember a similar thread some time ago, and the 'culprit' was that the Trustees had employed a new actuarial firm to review the scheme. This new company had come to the conclusion that the Early Retirement Factors needed significant adjustment, and the Trustees had followed their advice.
2 -
they can change ERFs for members that have already been in deferrment or have already been contributing on the basis of previous published ERF and other figures? I can understand if they change them for future members..
0 -
Factors if changed will normally apply across the board, unless the rules provide otherwise.
Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!2 -
Yes, it happened with mine when I was a deferred member - and we were notified via the occasional pension scheme online 'newsletter'.
1 -
Possible the factor applied to reduce the pension for early retirement has changed.
1 -
This may not help if you didn't do it in Oct 25 but what figure do you get if you ask to start drawing at your normal retirement date - has that figure gone down since Oct 25? If it has the change is likely to do with revaluation factors and not early retirement factors.
By the way can you actually start to take the pension at age 55?
2 -
It looks like leaving it another 10 years to teh NRD sees the value increasing, so the opposite effect
0 -
So people are probably correct to say it is down to the early retirement factors
1 -
I emailed the provider asking questions and they clearly did not read my email at all and just sent an email back days later with a quote and a couple of standard docs attached.
I have replied asking them to answer the question I asked!
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
