We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Increasing number of return errors

Any other sellers getting this?

I don't get many returns but in the last few days I've had a customer mistakenly order items twice who consequently returned the second lot with the wrong return labels. They've just sent me receipts for the return with the wrong tracking number and the wrong return address.

Another was a customer using an Amazon return label to send me a load of stuff they'd ordered from a catalogue company. I can't trace the customer and Amazon will have already refunded.

Then there was a customer who dropped an Evri parcel in a Royal Mail post box.

It all seems to be a relatively new phenomenon across marketplaces.

.

Comments

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,509
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador

    my sales have been very poor recently as I’ve taken the decision to slow down a lot for the summer, so I’m probably of no help statistics wise. However, I haven’t had any returns recently although there have been a few mentions on various Vinted groups of some dodgy returns occurring , perhaps it’s the weather getting to people?

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.