We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Appalling service from Sarah Raven

For the second year running I have had a terrible experience ordering plants from Sarah Raven. Last year the bulbs were delayed for weeks for no apparent reason other than 'supply issues'. and when they arrived were in poor condition with some too mouldy to plant.

I ordered 5 large potted plants at the beginning of July this year for immediate delivery and they have still not arrived. Once again Sarah Raven provide no phone number or email; just a chatbot who says it will pass your complaint on. A 'noreply'email response informed me I might hear from customer service in a week!

Friends have told me they have exactly the same experience. Sarah Raven are blaming it once again on supply chains but this is completely disingenuous. I have no idea whether the plants will arrive.

I will never order from them again.

Comments

  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 15,908
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 28 July at 11:24AM

    Welcome to MSE, and sorry to hear of your bad experience, I am not a customer of theirs.

    However a search shows the company expanded beyond it's abilities and went into receivership. .July 2025 and has been bought back by Sarah and original team, who I suspect are busy patching up a sinking ship

    No help to you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

    FWIW, Morrisons had large potted dahlias in this morning if one near you, choice may be limited but at least you can see them first

    Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 17,832
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador

    I'd be tempted to ask for a refund due to non delivery and if they don't respond then talk to your bank about a chargeback.

    I bought plants from SR last year and won't be doing that again.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards.  If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board:  https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

    Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK

    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”  Nellie McClung
    ⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.