We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Return rights
I bought a necklace on line and the locket was damaged by a scratch they asked me to return and they would polish up ..which they did but when they returned it the necklace/chain looks very tarnished more rust colour than a gold colour. I emailed again with photos etc and they have sent me some silver polish through the post to polish it up.!!! I've never worn it and dont expect to have to do this when i have spent nearly £100.00 on a necklace. I have emailed them and told them this with no response as yet.What can I do next ?
Comments
-
Given they've sent your silver polish, I assume the jewelry is made of silver (or has a high silver content)?
If so - silver tarnishes over time when exposed to the air and needs to be cleaned, it's not a fault of the product, it's a natural process.
1 -
Polish it, would seem to be the next sensible step.
0 -
Silver polish is abrasive. It will do a great job on silver but a terrible job on gold or gold plate.
What is your necklace made of? If you are unsure, the hallmark (or lack of one) might tell you.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards