We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What is this?

serena9
serena9 Posts: 168 Forumite
Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
edited 27 July at 11:10AM in Crafting

Hi everyone, is this macrami? I'm talking about the large piece hanging above the sofa. Any ideas on how I could recreate this, or where I could buy it? They have similar ones on eBay, but not like this, and I'm trying to keep the cost down.

IMG_7390.jpeg

Comments

  • FlorayG
    FlorayG Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    No that isn't macramé

    It looks like just some very long fringes and fake pearl hangings

  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 August at 11:59PM

    I agree it's just fringe on a huge scale.

    The photo isn't clear enough to see how it's done but it will be simple.

    If it's a trend then you can find how on the net for sure. Seems it's called fringe art.

    I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!

    viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

    The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well


  • serena9
    serena9 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I'm going to give it a go when I feel fancy; I've found some online now and the cost of this kind of thing is shocking.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.