We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Seat Ateca Power Tailgate Strut Replacement – DIY doable?
Hi
The electric boot on my 2017 SEAT Ateca Xcellence has started playing up—it refuses to close properly and gives off error beeps when triggered.
I’m looking to avoid dealership prices and replace the electric actuators myself. I’ve spotted matching pairs on eBay under part numbers 575827851A and 575827852A (for the KH7 2016–2023 model).
Before I buy them, I wanted to check if anyone here has tackled this job?
- Is popping the inner trim panels to access the wiring harness fairly straightforward, or am I likely to break clips?
- Once fitted, is it plug-and-play, or will I need VCDS / OBDeleven to clear codes and re-calibrate the tailgate height?
- Has anyone used these eBay replacement struts long-term with success?
There aren't many Ateca-specific video tutorials around, so any quick pointers or pitfalls to avoid would be a huge help.
Cheers!
Comments
-
Log on to Briskoda website and search electric tailgate Karoq.
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/537257-karoq-electric-tailgate-fixing-broken-wire/
Mortgage free
Vocational freedom has arrived1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards