We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Domain Name Registration Advice ?
Help - this is a minefield. Hopefully Forum members can advise. I've successfully registered a Trademark slogan in the UK and other relevant English speaking countries. It stemmed from a 'design a product' competition to see it manufactured, that was advertised on MSE Boards 10 years ago. "If I don't pursue it, I will regret it" if you will.
It would be a range of associated products bearing the slogan. I believe there is definitely something there, hence my investment to date of a fair few thousand ££ to get the idea protected in UK, USA, China and others.
I've already pitched it to CEOs and Directors of a few well-known manufacturers in the specific area. They liked it and saw the potential, but it would be competing against established ranges like Disney and Marvel which have the established marketing clout. I'm not looking to produce it myself, and instead sell it on a licencing fee basis. A charity tie-in has been suggested, which I'm swaying towards. I'm speaking to a branding company soon for guidance.
However I want to establish placeholder domains. my product.co.uk, my product.com etc, as well as social media Facebook etc placeholders. I look at GoDaddy, IONOS etc and it's a minefield. Because I'm not looking to do any eCommerce through the sites and just simply showcase the brand, where do I go to sort what I wrongly thought would be a simple task ? Appreciate any advice.
Comments
-
I'm not sure what you're asking advice on? I have a domain and have done for about 25 years registered with GoDaddy. I only use it for email as I've never bothered with anything else but I think they offer a free basic web service. I'm a complete technophobe so I have never wanted anything more than an email address but they do offer a very comprehensive service and it certainly doesn't look too complicated.
1 -
Many thanks - I guess I'm looking for a no frills cost-effective way of domain registration. I certainly don't need the bells and whistles type products that I see widely advertised. I wouldn't be running a business producing and selling to just something basic.
0 -
You don't need a website at all. You can register domain names without having "all the bells and whistles". That will give you the placeholders without website or mail capability. Just keep paying the renewal fees
3 -
Many thanks - sorted and went with GoDaddy.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
