We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cash buffer?

124»

Comments

  • GenX0212
    GenX0212 Posts: 338 Forumite
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

    As the OP thats essentially where my post started. I have been spending from a cash buffer and needed to decide if/when to draw money from the pension instead.

    I could keep spending from the buffer but I have been digging further into how my DC scheme (LifeSight) operates in drawdown and it actually seems incredibly simple. You enter an online form and ask for £X per month/quarter/year, enter a starting from date (allow 10 working days for payment), optionally also enter an end date. Once submitted you get an automated phone call to your registered number to confirm and that's it. So unlike some schemes with paper forms and slow processes it seems I can if I wish to manage my drawdown very dynamically. I have set up an automated payment for the next few months as a trial and if all goes well I might make requests more frequently and be able to adjust depending on how the pot is performing

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.