We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

RAC Extended Warranty; Via Dealer or Direct?

Teddy_Novak
Teddy_Novak Posts: 11 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

Groovers

I've just bought a new to me Mercedes, and without asking, the dealer has added RAC Platinum Plus warranty at a cost of £599, that kicks in for 12 months after my 12 month Mercedes warranty expires.

Its a five year old car, I have an earlier model and I know they're reliable.

Question: should I bin the dealer added RAC warranty and buy direct, or is the one offered via Mercedes a super special deal only available through them?

Thanks

Mike

Comments

  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 9,199 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Why is the dealer not selling you an official MB extended warranty?

    Is it because it is better for you. or better for the dealer? Let me think ….

    I would ask the dealer why, and get a price. You can also get a quote direct from Mercedes online.

    FWIW I'd expect the MB on to be better, and you're more likely to get the benefit of any doubt.

  • Teddy_Novak
    Teddy_Novak Posts: 11 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

    Car 54

    Where are you? :-)

    I'm getting 12 months from Mercedes, THEN 12 months via the RAC policy. I didn't even know I could get an extended Mercedes warranty - TY

  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 9,199 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    https://www.mercedes-benzwarranty.co.uk/?utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=generic&infinity=ict2~net~gaw~cmp~UK+-+EN+-+Extended+Warranty+-+MB~ag~MB%20-%20Warranty%20-%20Generic~ar~673772876789~kw~mercedes%20extended%20warranty~mt~b&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=1685506691&gbraid=0AAAAADoco1-MTOs87eXUolpXUXO6Qgrss&gclid=CjwKCAjwsfzSBhB5EiwAOGyqSdQ81vuHTkPWoVlbK-Hn81ZtaICSfyZEUlJYJMlw28LOLvRKx4RQqxoC4iAQAvD_BwE

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,487 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    From your link

    A Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranty is available as a 12-month, 24-month or monthly ‘pay as you go’ policy.

    an aside, you don't need to quote anything from the '?' onwards in a web link, it's just tracking data.

    https://www.mercedes-benzwarranty.co.uk/

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.