We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.O/S Daily Tuesday July 21 2026
Morning all.
Comments
-
Morning folks and thanks SCARLET. Well that wasn't the good sleep I was hoping for after all the late night football watching. I have been tossing and turning and clock watching all night. Grr.
The sun is now shining and forecast to stay for most of the day. I hosed the back garden early yesterday and this morning I plan on lugging the watering can to the front as the hose doesn't stretch so far.
I finally got the freezer defrosted yesterday. I put the fan heater on an old buffet in front of it and that speeds it up a lot. Meanwhile I had got all the drawers into the kitchen and they got a good sort out. One or two things that had been in there for far too long hit the bin as I know they wouldn't get eaten. For all my efforts there still doesn't seem much more space!
I had planned on going down into town this morning as there are a few things I want so that may happen or it may not after my sleepless night.
Have a good day folks with ((HUGS)) for the poorlies or sad. Take care all, be safe x
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"12 -
Morning Scarlet and all who follow.
Im in London as taking a friend to hospital shortly for a day procedure. Arrived yesterday and went for a meal last night. Glad I bought my ear plugs as so much noisier here than home. Hopefully home tomorrow before final packing for holiday on Thursday.
Havent read yesterdays news yet so will wish everyone well hugs to all who need them.
NRA xx
NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014, Mortgage free June 2022
#No16 2025 52 week envelope challenge-£1166/£137812 -
Morning again, it's a cool grey start here.
I haven't posted for a day or two - I lead such a dull life these days that it seems a shame to foist it on the rest of you!
Not a lot going on here, except that we've booked a four night visit to the Lake District in September, a coach tour. We've never done a coach tour before, I'm looking forward to it. If we don't like it we don't have to do it again.
.As I was saying the other day dh has been told that he can apply for his driving.licence to be restored, and he is applying, but I don't think the DVLA works quickly. We haven't got a car now, and when we buy another it would be a smaller car than we had, as we won't be towing a caravan any more.
Dp1, sorry to read that your Long Covid symptoms are ongoing, sounds bad.
Ruby, respite at home sounds interesting, how will that work, will you actually go to people's homes and stay there?
Coxy, I would love a kitten, we've always been cat lovers, and at one point had 3 cats ( not by design) but now we feel that we're too old. We wouldn't want to leave a cat "orphaned" and needing rehoming.
Not much going on today, hope everyone else has a good day though.
Take care folks.
12 -
Morning
Looks damp outside, I think it’s just a heavy dew but definitely brought down the temperature a little.
DM had her one dose of radiotherapy yesterday - walked in and came out in a wheelchair 🫣 cos she was dizzy! So that took longer than planned and she was in bed most of the remainder of the day - will see what today looks like.I have some garden tidying to do plus some vacuuming and loads of craft /shop work as well so plenty to keep my mind distracted.
Hope everyone has a good day
AA
11 -
morning everyone thanks for the start scarlet I’m the same as you I had three cats at one time don’t know how and I would love another cat but we are to old . TA I’m pleased I’m not the only one that is beaten by the freezer my trouble is I can’t leave a bargain. I’m off out to a cleaning job soon when I get back I will give the little dog a walk then I’m off to the hospice every year the volunteers get a free coffee and a scone it’s lovely as the gardens at the hospice are beautiful to walk around and you get chance to buy plants which of course all raises money for the hospice.AA I hope you’re DM is feeling better today . Thinking of all the poorlies hugs to those that need them have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
9 -
Morning all - and thanks for the start @ScarletRibbons - remember that we all have dull days and weeks! It's the little things which keep us going.
Take care with the watering @TravellingAbuela, don't want you doing yourself a mischief. Braving London for a friend is a good deed indeed @Newroadahead, ear plugs are just perfect. Poor DM @AlwaysAllie, it was good that you were with her. Enjoy your free feast @IzzyBee, you deserve it.
My long day yesterday was fine. The physio put me through my paces and identified what could be the major problem and gave me specific targetted exercises to do - feel the pain already. Mind you, she tried hard to persuade me that a walker or mobility scooter were 'enablers' and not 'disablers', not having any of it. (yet).
The pre-op was smooth. Three different health-care assistants and one nurse, all very friendly and kind. First one needed help with drawing blood as my veins didn't like being asked to give up. Urine, ECG, MRSA, weight, height and then a long questionnaire which was mostly check-boxes. The nurse had a clip-on fan attached to her tunic, she took it off when I came in but I was interested in it so we spent five minutes discussing it. All very chatty, unlike our poor harassed NHS staff who barely have time to speak.
I didn't do any shopping, there's enough to see me through until Wednesday. That's when I decamp for my cleaner so it makes sense to do it then. Meanwhile, today will be slow. 😀 I'll go for a wee walk.
Hugs to all, I wish everyone a lovely day.
11 -
Morning All
Thanks for the start Scarlet, your coach holiday sounds ideal.
Glad the appointments went well Gers, hopefully the exercises will help.
Hope your DM is feeling better today Allie.
That's a good deed NRA.
I think I would get a longer hose TA!
It's a bit more overcast than of late but I'm not complaining especially as I can't be in the sun for long at the moment with these blisters that keep coming up. Still, I sorted the shed, walked to the allotment to water and collect some green beans and a couple of courgettes and generally faffed about all day. Also made another batch of rhubarb jam to sell at the open day.
I'll get the bus to the other allotment this morning and go and see the little one at her swimming lesson later as it's easy to walk to.
Hope everyone is well, take care. XX
10 -
morning all
TA I’m another in the sleepless night club ,so jaded this morning
Got my book club this morning and I gave up on the book - life is just too short ,I know a few more did so it will be ‘interesting’!
Yesterday I managed to book my spinal injection for the 6 th August ,£3k rather than a 15 month wait for nhs ,hope it is worth it !
Better get up and onwards
Stay safe all
11 -
Morning all and thanks for the start @ScarletRibbons my days are very dull so I hear you!!
Glad the appointment went well @Gers x
Hope DM is doing okay @AlwaysAllie x
I had a good catch up with DSis yesterday - she talks a lot of sense! I’m going to the allotment this morning then have a few errands to run with DH. Kitten is a little minx - into everything, plus her Mummy (DD) is working in the office today so DS2 will be on kitty duty. I’m not really a cat person but it is what it is. She will move out with DD at some point!
Dinner is broad bean and gammon risotto - a freezer use up plus LO gammon from Sunday 😊
Have a good day all
Coxy
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)12 -
Morning all, it's a bit dull today, yesterday ended up being lovely. I met up with 2 friends, we went to the pub where DGD mum works and she gave me her friends and family discount which was nice. The food is really good so it was a nice afternoon.
Glad the pre-op went well Gers
Scarlet , my cousin loves the coach holidays, goes all over the country!
Ruby, that sounds interesting.
dp1. hope you get some help from the docs.
My hairdresser is coming today,yippee, a well needed haircut as he hasn't been able to come for ages due to illness.
More money paid out for the works van, then they collected it and it conked out again near here. A mechanic came and fixed it, it was just a pipe that hadn’t been put on properly. I t was getting near tea time then so DS2 stayed , they had gammon, egg and chips. I was still full from my lunch out! I think he enjoyed it, not often he's here for a meal these days.
Right better have a quick tidy round,take care all
:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)9
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

