We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Karen Millen vouchers
Hi, would be grateful for advice on my consumer rights. I was issued vouchers (as store credit), when I made a return to Karen Millen several months ago. The total value is £380. There was an issue with the vouchers, as no PIN code was sent along with the vouchers, so I’ve been unable to use them. I’ve sent several message via their WhatsApp platform, months of frustrating communication with different agents, all saying the same thing, that the vouchers will be re-issued within 24 hours. I’ve still not received them (having first contacted them in January 26).
I’m now fed up, and have asked that the money be returned to my account. They refuse saying as I chose vouchers, I cannot now change this. They have again said they will resend within 24 hours to my inbox. If I don’t receive them, where do I stand wit regards requesting a refund in my account?
Comments
-
You have a right to working vouchers. At the time, you may have had a right for a 'proper' refund, but that ship has sailed.
Have you tried their social media channels? Some companies respond quite quickly when criticised publicly online, as long as your complaint is factually accurate and not abusive.
0 -
When were the goods returned?
Life in the slow lane0 -
Several months ago, apparently.
0 -
Why did you accept vouchers?
Are you saying this was a return of a non-faulty instore purchase where vouchers were the only option?
Assuming that to be the case, do you have any evidence (eg an email) confirming that they would issue vouchers to the value of £380 to you?
Assuming you do, go back to them and send them a Letter Before Claim telling them that you want the vouchers to be supplied to you within 14 days and that if they aren't you will sue them for the value of the vouchers plus court claim issue fees.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards